[IP] Re: aspirin, a no no for some diabetics

Laura,  It's a question of what potential problems one is worried
about.  Aspirin is a "blood thinner", meaning it slows down clot
formation and maybe healing of damaged capillaries.  Thus if you have
a potential problem with retinopathy, you want to avoid aspirin.  But
another common potential complication with diabetes is cardiac
problems, and if this is a worry, you should definitely take aspirin.
With a father and grand father who died of heart failure, I take one
regular aspirin a day.  But YMMV as we say.  I don't know of this
problem with ACE inhibitors