[IP] Re: Huh?

Actually it is just out of habit, by her own admission. This lady
is part of our military support group (for families of children
with diabetes) and we were talking the other day, at a group
session for our kids. She said something about always having to
eat on time, etc and I was thinking, "Wait a minute...isn't he on
the pump???" So I asked her if he was (thinking maybe I just had
my info wrong), and she said he was but that they were on MDI for
so long (~7yrs, I think) that it was hard to break that habit of
restrictive diet, rigid schedule, etc, etc. I have known since
Dec that her son was pumping (as of July '00) but did not realize
they were not carb counting (and all the other typical pump
stuff) until she mentioned it the other day. Apparently the endo
has encouraged them to learn it, but old habits are hard to
break, I guess.

Lindsey said:
The thought of someone being progressive enough to put their kid
on a pump, yet backward enough to not no the fundamentals of how
it works, and thinking that an old fashioned diabetic diet is
still called for, is hard to imagine.  Maybe this pump parent who
restricts his/her kid's diet is just a control freak!

little guy due 3/10/01