Re: [IP] HELP-highs in the afternoon

  I hate asking this but I had similar experiences with Josh (9yo) recently.
Could your daughter be having a snack of some sort prior to getting home and
not bolusing for it?  I have tried to let Josh know that I really don't care
if he has something to eat, even an occassional piece of candy won't hurt
him, so long as he boluses for it so he doesn't go high.  I keep trying to le
him know that it isn't always the stuff he eats that is nurting him, just the
higher numbers.  I even had a bout of Josh lying about what his BGs were when
he was checking last October.  And I started to realize that he wasn't
letting anyone else look at the meter when he did them.  So I started
checking the meter memory and realized that the numbers in his log were
nothing like what was on the meter memory.  Kids will sometimes try and tell
us what they think we want to hear.

  Also, if you can't do fastings at school then do them on the weekends and
have your daughter stay reasonably as active as she might be at school, not a
whole lot of running around, but not laying around at home in bed either.

Just a thought.  I would never have believed it could happen to me until it
really did!!

mom to Joshua