[IP] STARTED ON SALINE...HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS PLEASE :o)

i hooked myself up to saline today and inserted my cannula.  i have a few
questions:
1)  say you have one connected and you are going to change tubing, site, etc.
 how do you basically know how much of your bolus for the hour you have
gotten?  is that when you put in suspend mode and then change it and prime
with .5 units to continue?

2)  when i first start on insulin, do i set up my bolus first on the machine
and then insert the needle or do i set it up after it's in me?  i ask that
cuz if i do it before, wont it start bolusing as soon as i hit ACT on the MM?
 i know i have to prime but after it is primed, wont it start delivering
insulin and take it away from the hour's bolus, thus giving you less insulin
that first hour?

thanks!
gina