[IP] upgrade

This is not a horror story, but just the opposite.  I sent in the first
of two Disetronic pumps in December, for "technical inspection."  I was
called a couple of weeks later and was told that it failed the occlusion
test and repair would cost $375.00.  I asked the Disetronic insurance
dept to find out if my insurance (Independence BC/BS of PA) would cover
the repair.

I was called about 4 weeks ago and told that "no, they will not cover
the $375.00 repair but will cover a new pump (how much is that again?).
I had to have the doc send the letter of medical need, and Disetronic
went through the submission process and Tuesday next I will get my two
brand new Disetronic H-Tron Plus pumps!

Amazing, the logic of medical system.  This is not meant to make the
hugh number that are having difficulty getting approval feel bad.  I am
just amazed that they have done this, and wish the rest of the insurance
carriers would be so enlightened.