Re: [IP] Traveling to Germany.- Kinda long

Hi Kris,
I spent 2 months traveling through Germany last summer.  No problems.

It sounds like you have a good plan in place.  To prepare for my trip I
started with my Endo.  Get a travel letter, copies of your 'scrips', etc.
Make copies, keep one in a plastic bag in your money belt and the other 'on
you', having a copy in your groups file is also a good idea.

Extra supplies are a good idea, also It may be a good idea to take contact
information for your pump, meter, etc.  The company websites usually have
their over seas contact numbers listed.  Make sure you wear your Medic
Alert!  I found the German Security Officers to be very familiar with
Insulin Pumps, so no hassles there.

I flew from the west coast to Zurich (13 hours), so I set my pump at one
basal rate in San Francisco, correcting for highs as I travelled, I
re-established basals upon arrival.

Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
IDDM since '84, DCCT control group, MM507 since '96.