[IP] Shortage of Fast-take strips

My pharmacies where I live can no-longer get FastTake strips. They said
they called the company and they were told that they are so swamped that
they can't fill orders for the next few weeks. I called Lifescan and they
confirmed this... in fact, the person I talked to said that she can't even
get strips to give to customers on an emergency basis.

What they will do, however, is send you a new meter (I think it's the
SureStep) which uses totally different strips. They will also send you
enough strips to keep you going until they can get the FastTake supplies
back into the pipeline. They estimated that the shortage would last for the
next 2 weeks at least.

So, if you need help with this situation, call 1-800-227-8862 (U.S.) or
1-800-663-5521 (Canada). They will look you up in their database and
assuming that you returned your FastTake warrantee card, they'll FedEx the
new meter and enough strips to keep you going. If you didn't return the
warrantee card, they may ask for the serial number on the back of the
meter, so be prepared when you call.