RE: [IP] Traveling to Germany.- one more thing

Jane [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> I forgot.  Sometimes the metal detector people in airports
> notice the pump
> and ask me to remove it.  Usually I prevent this by removing
> the pump from my
> pocket right away, explaining that it is attached to my body
> and that it
> keeps me alive.  Sometimes they're still nervous and run
> their metal detector
> over me anyway.  If you expect this and allow extra time it's
> probably less
> likely to happen.

I have never pointed out anything as I go through, and the pump itself has
never set off the detector.  Twice, it has been noticed by the security
officer (that I've been aware of).  One asked me to put it on the conveyor
and demurred immediately when I said it was an insulin pump.  The other just
asked if it was an insulin pump and, when I answered in the affirmative,
made no other comment.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted