[IP] yeah jan

I enjoyed your post.  I'm forwarding it to my husband of 16 years.  I'd
already had diabetes for 22 years when I married him.

I agree with your ideas about how things have improved.  For me the best
change remains disposable syringes.  I hated boiling them.  I love blood
testing and the pump, but being able to put those needles in my bag and go
sure made the biggest difference.  I also love nutritional information on
packaging.  And I think a lot of people's attitudes have improved.

All in all, if things keep improving at this rate, today's kids have a lot to
look forward to.  I just wouldn't tell them that too much.  Diabetes is still