Re: [IP] switch to "adult" endo

In a message dated 2/8/01 10:01:39 PM !!!First Boot!!!, email @ redacted

<< I was wondering at what age you need to switch your child from a pediatric
endocrinologist to an "adult" endo.  And was there a transition period for
you when you saw both  or were you just cutoff at a certain age and that was
That's an interesting question.  My 14 year old son is seeing a new ped. endo
next week.  I wanted to take him to an "adult" endo, but could not find one
who would see him because he is on the pump!  My son no longer sees a
pediatrician and his internist recommended an endo, but when I called and
said he's on the pump, the endo said he doesn't see patients who are on the
pump!  And he wasn't the only one!