> In a message dated 2/8/01 2:01:40 AM Central Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:> > > > I've gained at least 10-12 lbs since
> > starting the pump (which is a GOOD thing) and I wonder if the
> > aching has stopped because I now have more fat to put the set > >
into...  ?
> > > have many of you gained weight since starting the pump?

Actually I've lost over 15 pounds since starting the pump and I'm still
losing, although much slower than I did in the beginning.  I figure this is
because I'm no longer experiencing the many lows I had on shots, and my bgs
are much more stable.   Before pumping I was drinking 2 or 3 cokes per day
which was the only thing that helped the lows.  Cutting that out and eating
a sensible diet has helped me lose weight.  I still have ocassional
chocolate and dessert too, I just try to make sure I don't use more than 30
units of insulin per day.  As I've said before, it's kinda like doing Weight
Watchers, except instead of counting points for food each day, I count units
of insulin so as not to overeat.