[IP] Re: Pump and Weight Gain

Well, I started pumping just before Thanksgiving of
2000. I weigh exactly what I did before I started
pumping. Considering that I usually gain a few
pounds over the holidays, I think that counts as a
weight loss. :)

But seriously: before the pump, I used13 units a day
of ultralente; now my basal rate is just under 11 units.
So there's a couple of units worth of carb a day that I'm
not using to feed my basal rate. Maybe I make up for it
with increased snacking, made easier by the pump, but
at least I do it because I choose to, not because I have to!

/Janet L.