[IP] Re: Effect of Cinnamon on Blood Sugar

Matt,  Two weeks ago or so, there was a chat session on herbal remedies and
diabetes.  It was so interesting.  Cinnamon was mentioned as something that
could lower blood sugars.  But I believe it was a fairly large amount, about
2 teaspoons if I'm remembering correctly.  Do you put that much on???  It is
interesting to hear that you are having a response to it.  No doubt others
will know much more about this than me.    Just to mention something to do
with this, in case others are tempted to try cinnamon.  I read years ago that
sometimes when cinnamon is in short supply or too expensive,  another plant
is substituted for it and not labelled any differently (at least not at the
bulk store I shop at).  I buy a lot of cinnamon when I am on a raisin bread
making kick, and had noticed that it was a different colour and flavour one
time.  Just something to watch for.
Barbara, Mum of Claire 6, hoping to be pumping soon.