[IP] Root Beer Floats!!!!!

Today was report card day at school.  Before getting the diabetes diagnosis
last summer, a GOOD report card always called for a trip to "Sheldon's"
Pharmacy, where they have an old-fashioned ice cream counter.  When Kathleen
was on injections, we had to skip our trip to Sheldon's, as our afternoon
snack didn't allow for as many carbs as Sheldon's had.  (This caused sad
faces for Kathleen and her sister.)

HOWEVER!!!! Kathleen started on a Disetronic H-Tron on January 16, 2001.
Guess what - we went to Sheldon's for a root beer float!  After watching the
counter man making the float (chocolate syrup, milk, 1 scoop vanilla, 1 scoop
chocolate, & diet root beer), we figured it was around 74 grams of carbs - we
did a bolus, and enjoyed!

Just had to share the great news!

Jeanne, Mom of Kathleen, 7, dx'd 7/00 and pumping since 1/16/01,  Amanda 10, &
Wife of Bill, from sunny South Florida.