Re: [IP] Re: what to tell the kids

I think no matter what you tell diabetic children there will be times when
they are totally terrified.  It doesn't seem fair to deny that having
diabetes can be very scary.

On the other hand, I've had diabetes for 38 years with only minimal
complications.   Kids should know that this is possible.

The healthiest attitude might be to think of good control as playing the best
odds.  It isn't a sure thing, and if you have complications it is not your
fault.  But your chances sure go up with good control.