[IP] Upgrading

Kelly said: SNIP>>>>> Brian,
I am on the 507 and trying to get a new pump this year
also.  If you have any suggestion or would like to
share horror stories about your insurance please
e-mail me!!  As my insurance is really being a stinker
about a replacement pump.<<<<<<<SNIP

Kelly,
I upgraded to a 508 in November after the warrenty went out on my 507.
MiniMed handled it all.  I did have to FedEx 90 days worth of tests results
to prove I was testing, and my doc had to write a standard letter that
basically MM wrote and he signed.  MM and the insurance company could not
believe the 1 inch thick pack of paper from copying my daily test results
cause I keep them in my Dayrunner and at home on a log sheet.  I do test 6 -
10 times a day.   I had a new pump within two weeks.

My suggestions is to call MM, tell them what you want, they will give you a
reps name, call and let him know (you always have to leave a message) and
once they have the basic info from you, your troubles should be over.   Now,
just between us, I did exagerate a bit on  the buttons (activate, select,
etc.)  They really weren't totally broken, just had to push VERY hard.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Bonnie R.