From: Andrew Bender, M. D. [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 2:48 PM
To: insulin-pumpers-digest
Subject: [IP] [I] Frank Garcia's rant

Dear Mr Garcia. This is America and there is a guarantee to speak your
mind. on the other hand. there is an unwritten social code of interaction
among us that stipulates that we don't flame others because we do not care
for their behavior or beliefs. obviously you are unaware of that socile
code of interaction. as a physician I have seen a number of people who have
developed HIV for reasons than you have listed and I have seen them suffer
great pain and die terrible deaths that even you would have to agree no
human being ever deserves. I hope when you have some time you could talk to
some of these people and maybe get a transfusion of human kindness from
them. In the interim could you do me a personal favor and keep your mouth
shut if you cannot exercise some restraint., spot