Re: [IP] Odd heart rate

Laura Barnett wrote:
> I'm glad you asked this - I haven't addressed it with my doctor but I have the
> same problem you do with my pulse - it is always pretty high and has been for
> as long as I can remember.  I'm 32 and was diagnosed with high blood pressure
> this year (related to overt nephropathy) but I don't think it's related to my
> blood pressure - can someone help us out with this question?

A faster-than-normal heart rate can be caused by a bunch of things, and
I'm glad that Carmen is going to the doc. Maybe you should, too, Laura.

When I was 35, I began to experience periods of rapid heartbeat (130 -
150 beats a minute), particularly when lying down -- they never did find
out what it was, but started me on a beta-blocker, Tenormin, which did
bring my heartrate down into more comfortable regions. I'm still on the
Tenormin, and am not having any problems, so whatever caused it is being

I'm optimistic that a doc could help you, even if they don't identify
the cause.

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted