Re: [IP] Odd heart rate

Laura Barnett wrote:

> I'm glad you asked this - I haven't addressed it with my doctor but I have the
> same problem you do with my pulse - it is always pretty high and has been for
> as long as I can remember.  I'm 32 and was diagnosed with high blood pressure
> this year (related to overt nephropathy) but I don't think it's related to my
> blood pressure - can someone help us out with this question?

A faster-than-normal heart rate can be caused by a bunch of things, and
I'm glad that Carmen is going to the doc. Maybe you should, too, Laura.

When I was 35, I began to experience periods of rapid heartbeat (130 -
150 beats a minute), particularly when lying down -- they never did find
out what it was, but started me on a beta-blocker, Tenormin, which did
bring my heartrate down into more comfortable regions. I'm still on the
Tenormin, and am not having any problems, so whatever caused it is being
controlled.

I'm optimistic that a doc could help you, even if they don't identify
the cause.

Smiles,

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted