[IP] Re: Josh at site change times

I write as a former diabetic child, diagnosed at the same age as Josh.  My
guess is that site change is just a time when your son allows himself a
moment to be a baby.  I remember doing this myself.  I tolerated insulin
injections, but would fuss and cry when a doctor gave me a shot.  It puzzled
all the grownups in my life and like you they searched for rational

Now that I'm a 44 year old grownup, I believe that I couldn't afford to fuss
all the time -- I had to take care of my diabetes.  So, in this one situation
I would indulge my sense of the terrible injustice of the whole thing.
Perhaps it is the same for Josh.  It seems a quite sensible solution to me.
After all, site change occurs only every other day.  If he accepts the
disease most of the time, this is a small problem.

As a parent, I know it is difficult for you.  But, as a former diabetic
child, I'm pretty sure Josh will work this out.