Re: [IP] Diabetes Time Commitment?

>I once remember reading somewhere that the diabetic person has 51 more tasks
>per day to complete than a person with a functioning pancreas.  I don't know
>where or when I read it but that fact stuck with me and gives me validation
>sometimes when I wonder why I feel so freaked out by tasks.  Does anyone know
>of any study, fact or documentation of the daily, weekly, or monthly time
>commitment it takes to manage one's diabetes?  It would be interesting
>information to know and also quite possibly  to use in advocacy efforts.

This is sort of related to your question: When my Salon article
about going on the pump came out, several people asked me
whether I was going to write more essays about diabetes. I have
a few ideas, and one of them is a sort of "day in the life" piece
about living with diabetes, from that first fasting bg check to
waking up in the middle of the night with a hypo, and everything
in between.

Anyway, I think it might help some people understand what
is involved in living with this day to day.

/Janet L.