Re: [IP] A reply to Melissa's letter - great job, Melissa!

i know when i was growing up and especially in junior high, i had all those
"why me" and "i'm sooo different" feelings..... and i dont know that there is
anything you really can do to take them totally away!  feeling different is
something that no child i would imagine likes to feel... and i know i didnt
like it!  i went through the whole denial stage, eat anything you want stage,
embarrassed stage, dont give my shot stage, etc....... as i'm sure many of
you have!
i woudl think the best way to approach it or a good way is to just explain
that sometimes things happen to people and it only makes them a better
person!  i know i have learned soooooooo much more about people and medicine
and the whoel medical field type of things that i KNOW i would have never
learned if it werent for my diabetes and research!
i dont know.... just blabbing here......LOL