[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #862

When my daughter Andrea first started on the pump at 14, she did gain weight
(about 10 pounds)-- it was just so liberating to be able to eat when and what
she wanted.  She had never needed to understand how fats, carbs, etc.
contributed to weight gain as it was always rigidly scheduled for her.  I sat
her down, explained how "normal" people have to watch what they eat and about
the dreaded idea of "dieting" -- the  good news is that the pump made the
diabetes part of dieting easy (It was still hard for her to eat less, but I
don't have much sympathy for someone who went from 115 to 125 ;-) !!!)

Liz B.