I started out with one basal rate and ended up with three.  I never pumped saline, I just went live and I have enjoyed every minute since.  When I had my training, even after 35 years of diabetes, I still had to go to training with a dietian, a nurse and the doctor.  They also provide support and I have the beeper number for them.  Any time I had a questions is was nice to be able to talk to someone who knows me.  I hope this helped.