On 8 Feb 2001, at 3:14, email @ redacted wrote:

> In a message dated 2/8/01 2:01:40 AM Central Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > I've gained at least 10-12 lbs since
> > starting the pump (which is a GOOD thing) and I wonder if the
> > aching has stopped because I now have more fat to put the set
> > into...  ?
> >
> have many of you gained weight since starting the pump?

I should note that my weight gain came along with both better
control (meaning that carbs not used *right now* are stored as fat)
and *intense* indulgence in mashed potatoes.  I hadn't eaten any
potatoes for a **whole year** (since diagnosis).

I was raised on a potato a day.  To go a whole year without
*mashed potatoes* was, for me, like........  eschewing all use of
electricity in my daily life.

I also "kinda" overdid the carbs BIG TIME during my first two
months--which also included the Holidays...... :-)

I've never felt this normal in my life.