Re: [IP] IP: The D-Tron vs the H-Tron pump

  My son, Joshua, age 9 went on the H-Tron right after his 8th BD.  We LOVE
it, and we really feel 'safer' having the extra pump in case of emergencies.
I took the D-Tron pump trainers training class a few months ago and to be
honest I wasn't that impressed with it.  Sure it had some fewatures that I
thought would be nice to have but it is an odd shaped pump, extremely heavy
in comparison and much more awkward for lack of a better word, to give
boluses and the such.  More buttons to push!  I LOVE Josh's H-Tron and he can
bolus with it without even taking it out of his waist pouch.  I can give him
boluses in he middle of the night if needed just by listening for the beeps.

  We are using Minimeds Sof-set Micros with the insertion device with our dis
pump and feel like we have found what works best for us for now.  If you have
any other questions please feel free to write to me personally.  We live in
WA state west of Seattle.

mom to Joshua