[IP] fatty deposits, cartridges

Re the message below regarding Joseph Phillipo:
I wrote a message a few days ago stating that I only changed the "cartridge"
in my pump every 11 to 12 days just when it gets empty, however I do change
the infusion sets every 3 days.  I have never left an infusion set in for
more than 3 days.  I find that sometimes my readings go up after 2 to 2 1/2
days but then I change the infusion site and my readings come right back to
where they are supposed to be.  So far I do not have any fatty deposits on
my sites, but I have only been pumping for two months.  I use approx. 22
units of insulin per day.  I live in Iowa which is cold, but I just came
back from 8 days in Phoenix with no problems with insulin becoming
ineffective.  My cartridge ran dry the 6th day I was in Phoenix (the
cartidge had been in the pump for 12 days at that time).  I didn't seem to
notice any change in effectiveness of insulin with the temperative changes.
Trish Ober
<re: Joseph San Phillipo on pump for 19 years.
I went off pump because i got so many fatty deposits in my stomach that I
look like a pumpkin.  I am not a fat person, 5'5" and 134#.  Jogged for
16 years and walked since then, DM1 for 52 years, no complications.  Age
58.  Use H and U- multiple injections.  Want to go back on pump, but
resist due to those fat bubbles ocurring.  Telll me how you avoid those.
Also there was a gal who said she did not change the pump for 11-12 days
and only used about 22 units of ins per day.  I use that amount.  Do you,
Trish Ober, have fatty deposits at your infusion sites? Where do you
place the infusion sites?  I would love to cchange just once a week if
that were possible.  Why do some people say the insulin becomes
innefective after 3 days and others do not report that?   Do the one's
who keep the  same site in longer live in a colder climate? gudo