[IP] Re: Son and Dental work?

Your little guy should certainly eat before seeing the dentist.  He may feel
frozen and perhaps sore afterwards, but should be able to drink if he needed
too, as it is unlikely that he requires extensive work that needs a massive
dose of freezing.  One thing to watch for and perhaps ask the dentist.  I
remember reading about a child who had Articaine administered as the freezing
agent and who then experienced a severe low afterwards.  Apparently Articaine
has epinephrine in it, which increases blood sugars, then lowers them quickly
as it leaves the body.  I'm not sure how common a drug this is, my dentist
doesn't use it.  Good luck!  Poor thing, dental work at 5 is not fun.
Barbara, Mum to Claire 6.