[IP] Re: minimed customer support

--- email @ redacted wrote:
> i'd go with the minimed............. they have
> wonderful customer support if
> you cant decide on factors alone.....LOL
> they are simply great and i've just started dealing
> with them  :O)
> i'm not saying the others dont have good c/s...... i
> just know these people
> are awesome to work with!!!!
> gina  :O)

REALLY!!...I had a terrible time last night trying to
get someone at minimed to answer a few questions. I
too am just trying to decide whether I want to go with
a minimed or disetronics pump. I called 1-800 minimed
and the representative couldn't answer any of my
questions. They were not particularly difficult
questions i.e. what is the lowest basal rate that the
508 can give? When will the 511 be available? etc. I
also asked her whether it would be possible for them
to send a pump so that I can actually see and handle
one before I make a decision to buy. The woman
sniggered at me and said "These pieces of equipment
cost $5000 do you think they're just going to send you
one to look at". I was astounded at how rude she was.
I mean would you buy a car for $5000 before taking it
for a test drive?

She then gave me the 24hr number for the clinical
support and said they should be able to answer my
questions. So I called their number and got a trainee
who also couldn't assist me. She told me that she
would transfer me to another department where I could
leave a message and somebody would get back to me.
Then I was abruptly cut off! At this point I was too
angry to call back!

I would not call this good service. I am hoping that
this was an unusual bad night but it doesn't leave me
with much confidence for the minimed support.

Would I be better off making contact directly with the
area reps to get my concerns addressed?

Thank you for letting me vent!

Do You Yahoo!?