[IP] two questions

Hi.  I have two questions based on other people's comments.
1- I have not been able to change the tubing without changing the cartridge.
Am I connecting them too tight or is there a trick to disconnect at the
cartridge should I just want to change the site but leave the insulin which
is still working.
2- Why should it help to keep in the old site when you are changing sites
since there is nothing to push the insulin in?
Thanks.  Debby