[IP] Re: Bolus for Protein

It is said that up to 60% of the protein in your meal will
convert to glucose (thus raising the bg) 4-6hrs after ingesting
it so maybe it is the H covering the protein that is helping.

Ken said:
I've always wondered if it's the extra H for the protein that's
reducing my BG, or is it simply the extra H in and of itself
that's driving my BGs down? I've tried what you suggest and it
certainly works, but now I'm wondering why?

little guy due 3/10/01