Re: [IP] (Diabetes Outpatient Intensive Treatment

>Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 18:51:56 -0800
>From: "Kathie Williams" <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] (Diabetes Outpatient Intensive Treatment
>Brad, what is your control now? A1cs, complications,  whatever.  What is
>your description of tighter control?
>What is the D.O.I.T. program, what does it do?
>Kathie W. (type I for 44 years)

Kathie and Brad talk about the Joslin DOIT program, I already replied to
Brad privately, but for the rest of the list..
I did the DOIT program a year ago, before I went on the pump.

I thought the best part of the program was meeting other diabetics (I
only knew one before then, was diagnosed 6 months prior).  I also got
some good advice from the exercise physiologist.  The actual instruction
was not much different than you would find in the standard diabetes
books.  They are developing a program specifically for pump users which
might be better suited for this audience.
If anyone has any specific questions about this program that I could
answer from an attendee perspective, let me know.
The URL for the DOIT program is: http://www.joslin.org/jboston/doit.html