Re: [IP] Sites and absorption

On 6 Feb 2001, at 8:43, Ingrid Fylling wrote:

> I see lots of pumpers use alternative infusion sites though. How does this
> affect blood sugar to you who do use for example thighs?
> Do youe for instance bolus som time before meals because of delayed
> absorption?

I find more predictable absorption from my thighs (outer thighs) on
*inactive days*. On active days, I have more mild hypos with thigh
sites.  Probably cuz I use my legs more than my tummy.

Those sites also last the longest.

I try to also eat a big-carb meal immediately after changing a site,
so that I create a little pocket around the cannula.  This, in addition
to leaving the old disconnected site in for a couple of hours, seems
to create better sites for me, no matter where they are inserted.