Re: [IP] Has the site been down?

At 07:17 am 2/6/01 Owens, Lisa wrote:
 >I have not received any emails, and was concerned since I usually have

Yes the mail server went down Monday afternoon. Michael had just left town
for a few days and wasn't expected back until Wednesday or Thursday. This
is an excellent example of Murphy's Law in action. The server that Michael
uses is extremely ancient and is very overburdened. Unfortunately the
funding situation makes it very difficult for him to upgrade it to a new
one. So, these things will happen occasionally.

The admins contacted a backup person near Michael's office and he re-booted
the server mid-morning today. I've started getting mail again, so I presume
all the rest of you have also.

Sam Skopp