Re: : [IP] 25-55?

email @ redacted writes:

> Come on Faith, if we don't give them money, who can we expect to
> support them?   We all should give them something, however small.
> There are lots of charities out there begging for healthy people's
> money, but if we with diabetes aren't willing to support an
> organization who is working to make us well, why should any health
> person give?
> - -wayne
I don't know how to explain how hard it hit me, the "they only care about
getting money from you in your age group" thing.  I guess you can't
understand that but I wouldn't be involved with any group for any reason that
was not interested in me and my needs right here and now at the age I am at.
I didn't say no one should give them money, just that I can't be involved if
that is all they want from me....I did meet a nice lady who does JDRF and I
will try to talk to her about this the next time i am in tulsa.

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000