[IP] Re: Pregnancy Blues

I have to agree with Toninette. Being 35wks pregnant myself
(though not diabetic), I'd be walking if that were my dr. This
should be one of the best times of your life, diabetes or not.
The diabetes is enough to have to deal with but the dr doesn't
need to add to it. Sounds like he needs to learn some bedside
manner. I know as a diabetic this is not an option for you (nor
would it be for most people) but this type of mindset in a dr is
one of the main reasons I stopped going to drs and hospitals to
have my babies and switched to midwives and homebirths. I know
there are lots of good ones out there but unfortunately, I've
never gotten any of them (for OB/GYN care, that is.) I don't know
what your situation is but if it is possible to switch drs, I
would. If not, I think I'd let him know how I feel about his
comments, etc.

By the way, I wonder if the stress they are creating is part of
your bg problem? I always had blood pressure "problems" that
turned out to be nothing and was just due to white coat syndrome
(gee, wonder why!)

little guy due 3/10/01