Re: [IP] Pregnancy Blues

I am so sorry that you are upset!  You just need to hang in there!  I wish
you were getting more positive support from you OB and especially your endo!
I am 34 weeks pregnant and things have been going well!  It is difficult to
keep those numbers where you need them, but you are doing great by checking
often and making those adjustments.  I went from decreasing my total insulin
at the beginning to more than doubling my insulin requirements now!  I have
been working closely with my endo throughout the pregnancy in making many of
those adjustments.  The biggest change has been in my insulin to crab ratio.
My basal rates have changed, but not as significantly as the overall insulin
to crab ratio.  I was 1:13 before pregnancy and now I am 1:7!  You might try
making some adjustments to that instead of or in addition to your basal
rates.  Of course, I would recommend you talk with your endo about that, but
sometimes you know what is better for your own body than your doctor!

It sounds like you are taking care of yourself and your baby!  Just keep
thinking positive thoughts while you are making those adjustments!  Each day
might be different, but just do one thing at a time!  Keep us posted on your
progress.  I really enjoy hearing how others are doing.  This IP group is a
great place to get that extra support we all sometimes need to let us know
we are not alone!  Good luck!

Stephanie McCrery
Type I - 10 years, Pumping MM507C 1-1/2 years