[IP] Re: Cross country Skiing

This will be my second winter with MM508. I have done downhill skiing and
snowshoeing with no problems. I keep the pump and tubing well tucked into my
inner layers of clothing and keep my BG meter in a fanny pouch just under my
ski suit - sometimes I wrap my meter in a thin layer of cloth. If I'm out for
more than 2 hours w/o being near a lodge or locker, I usually carry a vial of
insulin and a syringe in an inner pocket - i also take plenty of quick acting
carbs. I do find that I need to raise my basal settings for the activity -
combination of cold weather, adrenaline etc. Brynn