[IP] Bill Gates

I just took a little look over at the Gates
Foundation web page http://www.gatesfoundation.org/,
and I think it bears some consideration before
any of us send them a letter.

According to their statement of purpose, their
"Global Health" Program is specifically oriented
towards addressing health problems in developing
countries, particularly: vaccine preventable
diseases, reproductive and child health, and
conditions associated with poverty. Some kinds
of diabetes research might be relevant, but not
the kinds most of us are thinking of.

Their grant guidelines specifically exclude "Inter-
ventions that will provide substantial or earlier
health benefits for industrialized countries."

I'm not saying that Melissa's letter shouldn't be
sent; I'm just wondering if Bill Gates (or the
Gates Foundation) is the right place to send it.

/Janet L.