Re: [IP] RE::WasMoira'sStory Now emergency/504 plan

<<Yep, this is the hammer. It they will not conduct a formal 504
meeting and agree to a plan that IS ACCEPTABLE TO YOU AND YOUR
PHYSICIAN, then it is real easy to make the s--t hit the fan. This is
a requirement in federal law. I would suggest you contact the state
department of education and request that the region's special needs
advocate attend the meeting with you. They are there for the
benefit of you and your child. Its free and  may bear as much weight
with school systems as threatening a lawsuit.

The next step if they won't cooperate is a formal complaint with the
state and then the feds. Don't be bashful about demanding that this
meeting be held ASAP (get the special needs person on the hook

email @ redacted>>

We have been in contact with the state dept. of ed but was not aware that we
could ask them to send an advocate to the meeting.  If things are not
resolved to our satisfaction this week, I will be recontacting them.  I have
been waiting for an updated medical plan from Cory's endo. We needed
something dealing with the pump issues.  We gave the school a book - "A child
in your school is pumping" -- something like that anyway.  We gave them lots
of pump info but they need everything written up and signed by the endo.
Twice this information was supposed to have been sent to me, but I've not
received it.  Supposedly it was mailed again last Friday.  Let's hope it gets
here tomorrow!