[IP] Soft Set Question

I recently switched from the Sils to the Soft-set Micro's.  I sandwich the
set with the two sets of tape that come in the package.

A CDE told me that I should put a third layer over the top of everything
because I could get an infection through the hole where the introducer
needle comes out.

I thought that there was a mechanism in the infusion set that prevented the
introduction of water or other things through that hole.

Is a third tape necessary?

Tom "Pump Daddy" Wellman