[IP] Re: How RU? [Sorry if I sounded incoherrent]

>Darrin -
>I agree with Sara Smarty-pants.  You sound like you're typing thru a low
>blood sugar.  When did you last check your blood sugar?  Are you maybe just
>too tired to check?  Force yourself - I myself have not yet been sick with
>this pump, so I can't give you sound advice.  But, you sound LOW!!  Please
>check your blood sugar, and write and let the list know how you are - we're

Hi Jane & thanks so much for your concern.

As of today, day 7, I can eat again but the basals are still at 190% of
normal plus many high bg correctoins.  No I haven't been low during this
but really stoned on the codine cough medicine and other meds etc. not to
mention the usual effects of flu, fever and no food. Still have the fever
but teh cough and appitite are getting better! :)

Sorry for the - I think it was only one - inchoerrent posting.  The advice
confirming that it isn't unusual to need 2-3X the normal TTD (both for
basal and high bg correctoins) for such infections was comforting.

Once again i am amazed by the pump!  Thanks to teh ability to increase
basals and do frequent small corrections; the bg's were between 100 and 230
all week!  Wow!  On MDi I couldn't even hope for anything below 400  during
such a flu!

Thanks again, Jane and everyone else.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 2 months thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!  (To date:  50% improvement in average bg's and 85% fewer hypos)!