[IP] Re: Rapids

email @ redacted writes:

> The physical set is NOT identical to the Rapid, in
> fact it's closer to the Micro or Sof-set because it
> goes straight in. The rapid has a tiny needle in the
> middle of an adhesive patch which you push in
> MANUALLY, it goes straight in, NOT at an angle like
> the silhouette. Also, as of now, in America, the
> rapids do not disconnect.
> Amy

My son loves these. We use the 6 mm. Paul was very leery about the injection
device, (and my husband and I were a bit leery about getting the angle
correct on some of the other infusion sets we saw). So the Rapids seemed the
only choice for us. They are working great. We buy ours directly from
Disetronic, quoted price is $148 for 25.

 We were told in July when Paul first started pumping that there soon would
be a set SIMILAR to the Rapid but that could be disconnected. When I asked
about this in late January, I was told the new set would be out about March
1. Initially, it will only be available in 10 mm, according to the Disetronic
rep I spoke with. She wasn't sure when it would be available in smaller
needle lengths.
proud mom of Paul, DX 20 months, now 7 and pumping  since July 12