Have you discussed this with your endocrinologist?  When our son was
preparing to go to the pump, he switched to a regimen of long acting twice
per day, then Humulog with each meal and snack.  When we decided we were
ready for the pump, we called MiniMed and they communicated with the
physician as well as the insurance company.  They handled all of the
"legwork" so to speak.  They made it very easy.  My son has had his pump 1
1/2 weeks and is doing great.

Diane :-)
Mom of Levi, 16-yr-old MM508 pumper of 1 1/2 weeks.