Re: [IP] Civility and research

Heidi Olsen <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Thank you for your comments, Jim.  I appreciate your input.  I do have a
> question, though, I am interested in reading this research and nutrition
> science that indicates that the nutritive content of food, and not just the
> CHO (as my husband described in his post just after my post about civility
> in discourse), does not affect BG.  Please let me know where I may find
> research because I am quite interested in reading it and learning more.

One of the best places to start, IMHO, is Nutrition for Dummies, found at any
bookstore (if not in stock they can order it).  There are many references as
well.  Online, the USDA;s Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (
http://www.usda.gov/cnpp/) has some exellent resources including the complete
USDA nutrition database online.  Another good place is Tufts University's Jean
Mayer Human Nutrition Research Center (http://www.hnrc.tufts.edu/).

Most hospitals have a medical library as well, and will likely have some
nutrition text books and possibly some scientific journals if you want to
pursue a more rigorous course.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my
wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.