[IP] pancreas donor

I think it's a great idea to help our kids by writing on our organ donor
card that we want to give them our pancreas. But I don't think it could be
automatically given to our child. Aren't there many pre-surgery screening
tests that surgeons have transplant patients undertake before a pancreas
becomes available? Our kids wouldn't be prepared for surgery if our pancreas
were to become available. Just a thought.

Debbie, mother of Blake, 11, dxd at 6, Ontario Canada