[IP] Re: I'm traveling

Carol - I just returned from a 10 day trip to Colorado as a newbie pumper and
participated in an exciting conference as well as visiting our son.  I too
was very anxious, in part because I was traveling alone and away from my
"safety net" (attentive and loving husband).  Though I ate different foods
and at different times (dinner as late at 10PM), all went well (would not
have been the same experience on MDI).  I did have my first episode of my
infusion set getting kinked (naturally while we were hiking in the
mountains).  Fortunately, I had my cell phone (a Christmas gift from hubby
though I HATE phones) and MM talked me through what felt like a crisis.  No
problems at the airport.  I truly understand your apprehension but I think
you too will find traveling much easier.  Let us know how it goes.  Jill T
Peaks Island Maine