Re: [IP] Re: Defense of ADA

In a message dated 2/1/01 11:36:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> In defense of the ADA (and again I'm a big JDRF loyalist),

Hi Moira:
    You know I'm also a big JDRF loyalist, but I'm hoping to attend the ADA
annual conference to be held this June in Philadelphia. I've heard that the
scientific presentations they provide are excellent & I'm a proponent of
being as well-versed in diabetes research as I can be (which isn't easy
considering my forte is in foreign language- NOT science! LOL).
     As far as JDRF/ADA comparisons, there's no need for "bashing" of any
kind. In some communities, ADA is THE only available organization. They also
provide summer camps, general information & "unifying" events like the Tour
de Cure. Their primary focus is NOT research though, in contrast to JDRF
which recently added the "R" to its name to emphasize the focus on RESEARCH
in its stated mission.
Regards, Renee