Re: [IP] cures for idm

These practitioners are doctors:  O.M.D>  ( oriental
medical doctor)  D.C.( Doctor of Chiropractic), they
have a background in a different field of medicine,
they are licensed and have gone trhough more than a
decade of schooling specifically in their field and do
have malpractice insurance, which usually they do not
need because they don't accidentally operate on the
wrong body part or prescribe incorrect medications or
incorrect doses.  It is just a different way of
treating the same disease, just more expensive because
it is not covered by insurance.
--- Sam Skopp <email @ redacted> wrote:
> At 06:15 pm 2/1/01 Andrew Bender, M. D. wrote:
>  >>>I too found this a bit difficult to believe.  I
> called an alternative
>  >medicine doctor (for my son, mostly for
> hyperactivity issues) and when I
>  >gave my son's medical background to his associate,
> she assured me that
>  >the Dr. could get my son off of insulin.
>  >I did not follow through with the appt, but, found
> it interesting.<<
>  >
>  >I had a chiropractor I know tell me that three or
> four visits to his office
>  >and Lauren would be "off insulin for good!" It's
> laughable, but not when you
>  >consider the damage that could do to an uneducated
> or desperate person!
>  >Well, if there were only a few days between
> visits, i'd be dead, then for
>  >sure i wouldn't need insulin. like my old chinese
> herbalist who said i'd be
>  >off insulin if i took certain recommended herbs.
> they smelled s bad you
>  >culdn't get them past your lips. spot, ugggh phew!
>  >

> Aren't there laws against practicing medicine
> without a license?? In any
> case, wouldn't these practitioners also be opening
> themselves up to some
> horrendous lawsuits??
>
> Sam

> HELP@insulin-pumpers.org