Re: [IP] Insulin inhaler could replace shots

>I saw this on the news last night and this morning and in listening to the
>details was sure I won't be doing this.  It replaces injections for short
>acting insulin but you still have to take a long acting insulin once a day.
>I can see where this is better than MDI but not better than pumping.

Yeah, I had the same reaction. I'm not even sure it
would be better than MDI, unless you really hate shots.
A big ol' inhaler would be a lot more intrusive at a
fancy restaurant than a discreet little injection under
the table....

But it could be a boon for a) the severely needle-phobic,
and b) kids whose schools force them to do injections in

/Janet L.