Re: [IP] Insulin inhaler could replace shots

In a message dated 2/2/01 12:41:58 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> [IP] Insulin inhaler could replace shots
I saw this on the news last night and this morning and in listening to the
details was sure I won't be doing this.  It replaces injections for short
acting insulin but you still have to take a long acting insulin once a day.
I can see where this is better than MDI but not better than pumping.  The
control we have that is as close to a normal pancreas as is possible for us
as diabetics is not achievable with inhaled insulin.
I'm not going back to ultra lente or NPH for anything...

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000